If you want to increase the thrust of the electric putter, you can do so by replacing the motor, driver and power supply of the electric putter. The following options are for reference only, you can purchase similar models yourself:
- NEMA 23 stepper motor with high torque requires an output shaft of 8mm and an output torque of ≥3N•M. The greater the torque, the greater the thrust. Please refer to this model: NEMA 23 Stepper
- DM542 high current and high torque driver: DM542 Driver
- Power adapter or switching power supply with output power of 24V-5A: Power Adapter
Wire as shown below:
- Open the case, remove the 4 lines output from the E1 interface on the motherboard from the original driver, pay attention to the signal of each output line, from left to right: red, black, blue and green – GND/DIR/STEP/EN
- Connect the wiring harness in step 1 to the DM542 driver as shown below, and connect the 24 V power supply to the DM542 at the same time.（The DM542 driver needs to be connected to the 24v power supply separately.） Note the color correspondence, where PUL-/DIR-/ENA- is in series with GND.The yellow wire connects PUL-/DIR-/ENA- in series, and finally connects to GND to realize common cathode connection, which is necessary.
- Connect the NEMA 23 stepper motor to the DM542 according to the above figure, and set the dial in the middle part of the DM542 to 2.84A, half current, 3200 pulses, as shown in the figure below:
You can also purchase upgrade kits here: Electric putter thrust upgrade kit
Although we have upgraded the motor torque of the electric putter, we still do not recommend using it for very hard clay, which may cause the cartridge to crack.
Makes: Eazao Putter upgrade