Ender-3 update EAZAO Air kit firmware tutorial
1、Download the firmware
Download the firmware adapted to the Eazao Air Kit on Github and apply to the Creality ender-3 printer. The firmware download address: https://github.com/Eazao/Ceramic-Upgrade-Kit-Firmware
The interface is as follows:
(1) First, confirm that it is the EAZAO/Ceramic-Upgrade-Kit-Firmware repository, and then read the README file carefully to understand the firmware code corresponding to the Eazao upgrade Kit.
(2) As noted in the icon above, download the zip file to a local folder and unzip it, as shown in the figure below
- Firmware-20210707-Creality Ender3.bin file is the firmware of ender-3 factory settings, suitable for printing PLA and ABS materials
- Firmware-20210707-EAZAO-Creality Ender3.bin file is the printing clay firmware modified by EAZAO for the Creaality Ender3 model. It is suitable for the Ceramic 3D Printer Kit | Eazao Kit and uses the electric putter to directly transport the clay.
- Firmware-20211125-EAZAO-Creality Ender3.bin file is the printing clay firmware modified by EAZAO for the Creaality Ender3 model. It is suitable for Ceramic 3D Printer Air Kit | Eazao Air Kit, which uses air pump and screw extruder to transport the clay.
2、Update the firmware
STEP1: Copy the firmware-20211125-EAZAO-Creality Ender3.bin file to the TF card.
STEP2: Turn off the power of the Ender3 printer, and insert the TF card into the TF card slot of the printer.
STEP3: Turn on the power of the ender3 printer, the screen lights up, there is no display, after 4-5 seconds, the screen starts normally, and the firmware has been updated at this time.
STEP4: Initialize EEPROM. (tips: The parameters in EEPROM are not updated, which is a common problem when updating firmware)
You can check whether the parameters in the EEPROM are updated and initialized as shown in the figure below.
(1) Enter the Configuration-->Advanced Setting option under the menu bar, the submenu has 8 items in the figure below
(2) Mainly check the Velocity, Acceleration and Steps/mm options under the Advanced Setting menu. Select Steps/mm, the interface is as shown in the figure below (left), E step/mm is 93.0, it means that the parameters in the EEPROM have not been updated and need to be initialized; the interface is as shown in the figure (right), E step/mm is 500.0, it means that the parameters in the EEPROM are already Update, no need to initialize again.
(3) To initialize EEPROM, operate as shown in the figure below, select Initialize EEPROM->Init, and when you hear a beep, the initialization is complete.
Ender-3 update firmware is completed, you can follow the instructions of Eazao Air Kit | FDM ceramic 3D printer upgrade kit tutorial 2 to start your ceramic printing journey on the Ender3 platform.
How to use Eazao Air Kit to transform can refer to the YouTube video:Eazao Air Kit | Upgrade Ender 3 to Ceramic 3D Printer